Aloysius G. Smith, M.D.
Plastic Surgery & Medical Director located in Westchester County, Yonkers, NY
The ingredients in skin care products impact how your skin looks and feels. That’s why you can find a professional line of skin care products at Aloysius G. Smith, MD, PC, in Yonkers, New York. For healthy, glowing skin, call the private practice in Westchester County today to schedule a consultation or book your appointment online.
Skin Care Q & A
Why is a skin care routine so important?
A good skin care routine is essential at every age, and developing good habits in your 20s and 30s can minimize the effects of aging as you ease into your 40s and 50s. An effective skin care routine can keep your skin healthy, free from blemishes, and young-looking as you get older. Keeping your skin healthy is also a defense against harsh environmental factors.
Determining your skin type and which products work best on your complexion are essential for maintaining the right level of moisture, keeping your skin clean, and protecting it from the sun’s harmful rays.
What types of skin care products are available?
At Dr. Smith’s medical practice, they offer an array of skin care products for every skin type, including:
- Foaming or creamy cleansers that remove dirt and oil without overdrying skin
- Hyaluronic acid-based gel to enhance skin moisture and reduce signs of aging
- SPF 30 facial sunscreen for chemical-free sun protection
- Anti-aging serums that contain vitamins C, E, and green tea
- Retinol products that contain vitamin A to rejuvenate skin with minimal irritation
- High-potency alpha and beta hydroxy acids to brighten skin and improve the appearance of uneven skin tone and texture
- Eye area moisturizers that contain peptides
- Anti-aging products that increase collagen production for younger, healthier skin
Dr. Smith and his team of highly qualified skin care experts can help you select products that work best for your skin, and ones that are safe to use after plastic surgery.
How can I tell if my skin care products are irritating my skin?
If you experience burning or stinging sensations with any skin care product, it could be a sign that you’re allergic to an ingredient, or something is too harsh for your sensitive skin. Additionally, if you experience excessive dry, flaky skin or acne breakouts, your skin care products may be contributing to the problem. A change in your skin tone and texture can also be a sign that the products you’re using are irritating your skin or are ineffective.
If you have questions about skin care and need help determining which products are best for you, call the friendly office staff to schedule a consultation or book an appointment online.